Fighting For ALL Students Rights! Retain Sarah Belanger for WCS Board of Education
I was elected to the Williamston Community Schools (WCS) Board of Education on Jan. 1, 2017 for a six-year term expiring Dec. 31, 2022. I currently serve as board Treasurer, I chair the facilities subcommittee and I sit on the policy and finance subcommittees. In addition, I am the board liaison to the Williamston Community Schools Foundation. As a result of my vote to accept and support students regardless of their gender identity, I am being targeted for recall.
I am a career educator and experienced school board member who has a proven commitment to public schools. During my time on the school board enrollment has increased, test scores are up, we added new innovative programs, hired more social workers, and improved our financial situation. See Additional Accomplishments.
As a third generation Williamston graduate, I love the Williamston Community and WCS. I have an MA in childhood development from Michigan State University and I have nearly ten years of experience working in post-secondary education. I am asking for the opportunity to continue working for our students, staff and community as a school board trustee.
As a mother of three young children, all students of WCS, I support policy 8011 (the basis for my recall) and policy 9260. The policies adopted late last year enable school staff to consistently and thoughtfully respond to students regardless of their gender identity. The policies highlight parental rights and student privacy and make it less likely that the district will lose a student to suicide or runaway.
My mission, as your school board member, continues to be:
- Enhance communication among all community members to help all understand what is happening within the schools.
- Ensure a safe, nurturing environment and a comprehensive curriculum that meets the needs of all learners.
- Continue to uphold quality academic standards that will challenge and support all students within our schools.
- Keep the balance of academics and extracurricular activities, which are essential for a well-rounded student.
- Practice sound fiscal management for the stability of our system.
Support My Campaign!
Thank you to everyone who donated to my campaign. With your support, I reached my campaign fundraising goal. Having met my goal, I am no longer accepting financial donations at this time.
You can support my re-election campaign by:
1. Liking my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/SarahBelangerMI) 2. Sharing my Facebook page and engaging with my content 3. VOTING Sarah Belanger for WCS School Board on Nov. 6!
Thanks for your continued support!